[Haskell-beginners] GHC / system libraries

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Sat Aug 4 07:04:15 CEST 2012

I know that GHC allows you to create shared libraries and create
binaries that use shared libraries, because I asked that question some
time ago on this list. However, I was wondering: can the GHC "standard
libraries" be decoupled from the compiler? I.e., so you can install the
libraries and the binaries on a system without the compiler being installed?

I use a source-based distro so it is of little relevance to me. However,
I was discussing Haskell apps online with some friends who use
binary-based distros and had to admit that I wasn't clear on this point.

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us