[Haskell-beginners] Resources to learn functional programming

Lorcan McDonald lorcan at lorcanmcdonald.com
Thu Aug 2 00:15:01 CEST 2012

The books mentioned are great, but the resource that finally made the
concept of higher order functions concrete for me years ago was Joel
Spolsky's article on MapReduce "Can Your Programming Language Do
This?" (http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/01.html). The
examples are in Javascript, but that might mean you have less syntax
to worry about.

Lorcan