[Haskell-beginners] cabal update behaviour

Hector hectorvd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 04:12:05 CEST 2012

Hi all,
these are the steps I followed to get Haskell installed in my machine[1]:
https://gist.github.com/2389324

The installation completed successfully, and gave me these instructions:

Now do "cabal update" to initialize the package list

But when I do, I get this message:

Note: there is a new version of cabal-install available.
To upgrade, run: cabal install cabal-install

Which I do, but after another "cabal update" I'm given the same
message, meaning that cabal-install was not actually updated.
Any ideas on why this is happening?
Best,
--
 Héctor

[1] Specs for my machine:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        10.04
Codename:       lucid

$ uname -a
Linux 2.6.32-33-generic #70-Ubuntu SMP x86_64 GNU/Linux