[Haskell-beginners] apt cabal hackage

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 10:23:18 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 01:43, csmagic <csmagic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On a related note I find a lot of libghc6-something-or-other which are all
> described as dummy packages.

That just means you've upgraded from a time when there were a bunch of
separate packages that have since been merged.  The dummy packages contain
nothing but dependencies on the new ones; it should be safe to remove them
at this point, and I think apt may have an option to identify and remove
them automatically but it's safest to verify the list it comes up with, just
in case.  (I'm on the Mac now, so can't easily check.)