[Haskell-beginners] Editing the layout hook

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 19:31:16 CEST 2011

On 15 Sep 2011, Amy de Buitléir wrote:
> > Thanks - no errors shown.
>
> Once you've installed xmonad and xmonad-contrib, you probably have everything
> you need for XMonad, unless you're doing something really fancy. I suspect the
> problem is that the example you're following is out of date. I believe some
> things in the contrib packages moved, got renamed, or got replaced with
> something similar.
>
> I've been using Xmonad for years, but I only know about the configuration stuff
> that I myself use. But there's an Xmonad mailing list that is very friendly and
> should be able to answer your question quickly.
>
> http://xmonad.org/community.html
>
> BTW, Xmonad rocks!

Many thanks for this link. I had thought that this _was_ the xmonad
mailing list - I didn't know about the place you mention. I will follow
it up.

I have been much impressed with xmonad so far. I have managed to do some
basic configuring, mainly to change the default mod key. Actually, most
of the defaults are fine for me - I mainly use fullscreen - but it would
be nice to experiment with some of the contrib stuff.

Anthony Campbell - ac at acampbell.org.uk