[Haskell-beginners] Editing the layout hook

Anthony Campbell ac at acampbell.org.uk
Wed Sep 14 15:19:23 CEST 2011

On 14 Sep 2011, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>    On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 04:30, Anthony Campbell <ac at acampbell.org.uk>
>    wrote:
>
>      A  A mylayoutHook = Full ||| noBorders (tabbed shrinkText defaultTConf)
>      ||| Accordion
>      xmonad.hs:7:58: Not in scope: `defaultTConf'
>
>    There isn't a defaultTConf defined by XMonad.Layout.Tabbed. A You probably
>    want defaultTheme.
>    --
>    brandon s allbery A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A  A
>    A allbery.b at gmail.com
>    wandering unix systems administrator (available) A  A  (412) 475-9364
>    vm/sms

I tried that, but no luck. But I think I may have a more fundamental
problem: whichever module I select to import, I get an error message
that it can't be found. But I do have the relevant package installed:

libghc-xmonad-contrib-dev - Extensions to xmonad

and they are present in

/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/xmonad-contrib-0.9.2/ghc-7.0.4/XMonad/Layout/

Is something misconfigured? The ghc executables are in my path in
/usr/bin.

Anthony

Anthony Campbell - ac at acampbell.org.uk