[Haskell-beginners] Disappearing Module Problem

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:41:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Michael Craig <mkscrg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was using "cabal install aeson" and "cabal install http-enumerator".
> Running the combined command fixed the issue. I'd forgotten that cabal
> allows for it.
> Is this necessary because of mutual dependencies? With the Platform
> installation of cabal, I could run cabal install for each package and
> everything would work fine. What's the difference?

What happens is that when you run "cabal install" with multiple
arguments, the dependency resolver tries to come up with an install
plan that jointly satisfies the dependencies of all arguments.

When you do the installs one at a time it is possible in some cases to
break already installed packages. One way to check for this is to use
the 'ghc-pks' command to look for broken packages.

Antoine