[Haskell-beginners] parser error coordinates transformation from preprocessed to original text

Radoslav Dorcik radoslav.dorcik at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 13:49:58 CEST 2011

Hi Stephen,

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com>wrote:

> Comment removal is usually done as part of lexing, so during lexing
> you will have access to the true source position - if you care about
> line numbering (and have a split between lexing and parsing) usually
> you would annotate lexemes with their source position.

Thanks! And sorry for late reply.
The answer for me means that I should use common method of separate lexem /
parser instead of using parsec with Char Parser.

I will do that anyway since it will probably improve the performance of the
parser.

One more question:
Do you know If there is a lexing technology which can inter work with Parsec
based Parser ?
With inter work I mean that line number information is preserved across
lexing/parsing.

Rado