[Haskell-beginners] Problems linking code from the book Haskell School of Expression

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 01:54:10 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 19:41, Philippe Sismondi <psismondi at arqux.com>wrote:

> After exchanging posts with you I surfed the web a bit, and came to the
> conclusion that architecture is something of a problem for quite a few OS X
> users of ghc. Is that fair to say?

Yes.  For a long time there wasn't a 64-bit GHC at all, and it still throws
a number of warnings and occasional other fits (especially on Lion where
Apple changed the linker yet again, but you're on SL so that at least
shouldn't matter).  Also, the HP stuff doesn't play along with MacPorts
very well, and MacPorts' own HP is even older than Debian stable.

Looks like your best bet is to temporarily move /opt/local out of the way
and then follow the directions at
http://live.gnome.org/GTK%2B/OSX/Building#Prerequisites to build native
Gtk+ libraries.