[Haskell-beginners] Questions on set up on OSX

Sophie itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:24:11 CET 2011

I have the basic install, ghci working, going through the Real World book, and have some set up questions:

- Is there any REPL which will take (close to) full Haskell syntax, including function definitions?

- I use TextMate and Intelli-J, but they don't seem Haskell friendly. The Haskell TextMate bundle seems very confused about indenting, tabs vs. spaces, etc, and I could not even find a code formatter / highlighted for Intelli-J.

What environments would you recommend to work with Haskell on OSX? If Emacs, which one? If Eclipse ... I suppose if I have to...

I tried Leksah but it seems too buggy even under simple window resizing.

Thanks for any pointers!!

Sophie