[Haskell-beginners] Install on "foreign" server problem

Lawrence Bottorff galaxybeingplan9 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 17:42:07 CEST 2011

I'm trying to install the binary of 7.0.3 on a Bluehost.com server where I
have an account and ssh shell. I want to eventually run Yesod or happstack
or some other sort of haskell on web. I've talked with their tech support
and they're cool with it as long as it's in-place. Good. I try the
./configure and it errors saying things like:

checking for path to top of build tree...
utils/ghc-pwd/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pwd: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.9'
not found (required by utils/ghc-pwd/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pwd)
utils/ghc-pwd/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pwd: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7'
not found (required by utils/ghc-pwd/dist/build/tmp/ghc-pwd)
configure: error: cannot determine current directory

I'm not (nor ever was) much of a sysadmin type. Any advice?

Actually, I'm just trying to do Web with Haskell on a server/cloud other
than my own home box. I have a Web client and I'd like to get us off PHP.
Any Haskell-friendly clouds/hosts to suggest?

Olwe