[Haskell-beginners] How to think like a functional programmer?

Costello, Roger L. costello at mitre.org
Thu May 26 18:27:01 CEST 2011

Hi Folks,

I am working on a project and am trying hard to write the code in a functional style.

Sadly, upon reviewing what I've written, I realize that I am not succeeding. I just devised a recipe for solving the problem and then created functions corresponding to steps in the recipe.  I am still thinking imperatively, not functionally.

Is there a book or article that describes how to approach problems from a functional mindset?

How did you "flip the switch" in your brain to the functional mindset?

/Roger