[Haskell-beginners] recommendations for a gnuplot tutorial

Elvio Toccalino elviotoccalino at gmail.com
Tue May 24 05:12:32 CEST 2011

Hi, Michael
Gnuplot has a simple way of outputing to files: prepare the plot you
want, tune it to your liking, and when you're ready use the 'set
terminal' and 'set output' command.
Basically, the terminal command tells gnuplot the format of the output
(png, jpeg, ps, etc), and the output tells it where you want it. A
simple example:

(... lines to prepare plot ...)
set terminal png
set output "mygraph.png"
replot

That replot line simply redraws your last plot... but now it draws to
the new terminal. When you want to draw back to X windows, set your
terminal to 'x11' or 'wxt' (your default terminal is shown right above
the prompt when you invoke gnuplot).

Any tutorial that teaches you how to plot is good, once you know how to
output the plot the way you want to.