[Haskell-beginners] learning about exceptions

Jake Penton djp at arqux.com
Tue May 17 23:47:59 CEST 2011

I am working my way through Real World Haskell. I just finished chapter 8, and am moving through chapter 9.

I note that RWH uses deprecated "old" exceptions. I am currently importing the old style exceptions as I work through the code, but would like to learn the current (new) exception stuff.

Is there a good tutorial on thissomewhere ? Please bear in mind that at my state of knowledge it is still rather difficult to get this knowledge by reading the library documentation alone. I am not all that great at inferring what is going on just by inspecting signatures, etc.

Is ch.19 of RWH (which covers exceptions in more depth) still relevant to "new" exceptions?

Thanks.

- Jake -