[Haskell-beginners] Generic exception available?

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Sun May 15 18:53:32 CEST 2011

I have one spot in some code where I just want to raise an exception
that contains the message "Database is formatted incorrectly." Is there
some kind of generic way to throw that (like, e.g., in Ruby you just
call 'raise "exception message"'. In this case, I don't particularly
want to take the time to think about creating an Exception type or
finding a suitable one.

(BTW: Is there a hierarchical list of standard Haskell Exception
instances somewhere?)

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us