[Haskell-beginners] Compiling with HDBC

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Fri May 13 09:20:43 CEST 2011

<daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com>wrote:
> > On Friday 13 May 2011 07:44:18, David McBride wrote:
> > > Use ghc --make.
> >
> > This. You rarely need to specify libraries and packages with make.
> > For nontrivial projects, use Cabal.
>
> Personally I'd recommend even trivial projects to use Cabal. If it's a

I certainly wouldn't want to discourage using Cabal for even the smallest
things.

I thought of a one-off programme, built from two or three files, using only
boot packages (say base, containers, arrays, for example) as dependencies
as 'trivial'; if all it needs is "ghc --make" with a vanilla ghc from 6.2
to HEAD, you can get away without Cabal.

Anything more, definitely cabalise it.

> "project" and not just a 15 minute job, cabal init.

I'm a slow typist, I'll grant an hour ;)