[Haskell-beginners] Genetic algorithm for knapsack problem

AJ Sherbondy aj.sherbondy at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:18:20 CEST 2011

Karol,

I don't know if you have looked at this module on Hackage or whether it will
even help you, but there is an evolution algorithm the individual functions
of which might be useful to you and is described as follows:

AI.SimpleEA

A framework for simple evolutionary algorithms. Provided with a function for
evaluating a genome's fitness, a function for probabilistic selection among
a pool of genomes, and recombination and mutation operators,
runEA<file:///Users/aj/Library/Haskell/ghc-7.0.3/lib/SimpleEA-0.1.1/doc/html/AI-SimpleEA.html#v:runEA>
will
run an EA that lazily produces an infinite list of generations.

AI.SimpleEA.Utils contains utilitify functions that makes it easier to write
the genetic operators.

ajsher

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Karol Samborski <edv.karol at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a student and I got recently a task to do (and I want to do it in
> haskell). I have to implement "genetic algorithm for knapsack problem"
> and it would be nice if it will be fast.  So my question is: what
> haskell datatypes, modules etc. should I use for this algorithm to
> achieve this goal? I mean fast as compared to implementation in
> imperative languages like C.
>
> Any advices ?
>
> Best regards,
> Karol Samborski