[Haskell-beginners] Cannot Install Yi - Haskell 2011.02.0.0

Jeff Wheeler wheele11 at illinois.edu
Sat Mar 26 09:04:07 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 2:59 AM, Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am on Windows XP SP3. The unix chain fails to install and therefore i
> cannot install Yi.

The vty UI is not supported on Windows, unfortunately. You'll need to
install Gtk2Hs and the Pango UI. I'm not sure if there's anything you
need to do to install Gtk2Hs (on unix machines, it's just cabal
install-able), but after that you should be able to run this:

$ cabal install yi -f-vty -fpango

(That disables the vty UI, enables the pango UI.)

--
Jeff Wheeler

Undergraduate, Electrical Engineering