[Haskell-beginners] Nested data types and bisimilarity

dan portin danportin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:04:40 CET 2011

I asked this question in another location, but perhaps this is a better
palce. It's unclear to me how conditions for a relation to be a bisimulation
on nested data types can be generated. I understand, by analogy with streams
and binary trees, how to define such conditions for regular types. However,
consider the types

T a = T a [T a]
N a = N (T [N a])

and a relation R over then. What conditions must be fulfilled for R to a
bisimulation? In particular, how is the nesting of a list (or tree) dealt
with?