[Haskell-beginners] concerning wxHaskell: wxcore fails to install

Mark Wright markwright at internode.on.net
Wed Jun 29 17:43:01 CEST 2011

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:14:06 +0200, Obscaenvs <obscaenvs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Attempting to install the wxcore package yields the following result on
> my Arch Linux box, got the same result on an Ubuntu box:
> <code>
> wxcore-0.12.1.7 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
> ExitFailure 1
> </code>
>
> As a result, the package wx cannot be installed either. I am trying to
> get started with wxHaskell.
>
> Is there any way to fix this retaining one's sanity?
>
> /Fredrik

Hi Fredrik,

The error message does not give many hints.  Of course wxHaskell requires
the wxWidgets C++ libraries.  On Gentoo I had to patch wxcore:

https://github.com/gentoo-haskell/gentoo-haskell/blob/master/dev-haskell/wxcore/files/wxcore-0.12.1.7-db.patch

Maybe wxHaskell might install easier with the Arch Haskell packages:

http://archhaskell.wordpress.com/

Regards, Mark