[Haskell-beginners] Why aren't David Harley's QT bindings more popular?

Mats Rauhala mats.rauhala at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:39:10 CEST 2011

On 10:11 Tue 28 Jun     , Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
> wxHaskell intends to get into the Haskell Platform, but it needs
> more manpower. You can help!
>
>   http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.wxhaskell.devel/616
>
> I'm actively working on FRP and have released the library
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/reactive-banana
>
> If you have any suggestions, questions, needs for learning material,
> write me an email. Try the package and the developer blog
>
> http://apfelmus.nfshost.com/blog.html#functional-reactive-programming-frp
>
> and tell me of your learning journey; I'll figure out whether I
> should create a written tutorial, video tutorial or something else
> to help understand FRP.
>

> The package
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/reactive-banana-wx
>
> includes a tiny working example for  wxHaskell .
>

> Best regards,
> Heinrich Apfelmus

That seems promising. If you're really trying to get wxhaskell into
Haskell Platform, it must be more mature than I initially thought.

wxHaskell itself seems to be more functional than the GTK library I'm
used to, which is enough motivation to try and learn it. Add to it the
reactive-bananas library, and this might become something great. I
initially had the idea that reactive-bananas was a little more than just
a proof of concept, but seems like I was mistaken about that too :).
Keep up the good work.

--
Mats Rauhala
MasseR