[Haskell-beginners] book question

Tom Murphy amindfv at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 20:28:26 CEST 2011

On 6/27/11, Roelof Wobben <rwobben at hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> book.realworld.haskelll :
>
> Nice book with exercises but you need some functions to solve the exercises
> which are not mentioned in the book.
> So there it will be very confusing.

Hi Roelof,
     It might seem like that - because RWH is a big book, and the
functions may be hidden in an earlier section - but RWH is a
beginner's book, which assumes no previous knowledge of Haskell.

     If you're looking to learn through exercises alone, though, I'd
recommend Learn You A Haskell. In my experience, you can learn a lot
just by doing the exercises and completely ignoring the explanations.

Tom