[Haskell-beginners] DSL for Android development

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 23:34:45 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 15:55, Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com> wrote:
> can retargetted to other hosts (e.g. generate JVM bytecode rather than
> native assembler or portable C). It would be possible to do this for
> Glasgow Haskell, but pragmatically there probably isn't much will - it
> would be a substantial engineering effort.

I think someone's already working on it.  The backend work that makes
it possible is also why GHC can produce LLVM code, but I think that
was actually a "let's see if this works" with the new backend that was
designed to support targeting the JVM, CLR, Dalvik, etc.

--
brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b at gmail.com