[Haskell-beginners] A first try

Vesa Kaihlavirta vpkaihla at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 20:49:46 CEST 2011

> Is it really a weakness of Haskell or just something one has to get used
> to it? That is a question I would like to get opinions from the experts!

The problem is that everything you call out to may or may not be lazy,
and there is really no way to know it. For a programming language that
made great strides in safety in many other areas, this seems to me
like a huge oversight, perhaps even the number one mistake.

(I'm not an expert, but I've been with the language for a decade and
have completed a few Real Projects in it)

--vk