[Haskell-beginners] A first try

Manfred Lotz manfred.lotz at arcor.de
Fri Jun 24 20:10:12 CEST 2011

Hi David,

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 08:43:59 -0400
David Place <d at vidplace.com> wrote:

> Hi, Panagiotis.
>
> The wc program is a good choice for a learning program, but it
> reveals a long-standing weakness in Haskell: Lazy-IO.

Is it really a weakness of Haskell or just something one has to get used
to it? That is a question I would like to get opinions from the experts!

It is for sure something a beginner stumbles upon. E.g. I (as a
beginner) stumbled upon Lazy IO but the guys out here helped me a
great deal to get over it, and I'm sure they will help me again
if I'll stumble again (which might happen).

--
Manfred