[Haskell-beginners] Getting Stuff out of IO Handles

Raphael Päbst raphael.paebst at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:07:38 CEST 2011

Thanks for your replies!
A short example of what I'm doing:

handle <- connectTo ... --opening the handle on a tcp connection
hPut handle message -- sending a ByteString
answer <- hGet handle n -- getting the answer back from the server
hClose handle

I have now several things I would like to do with the answer and my
question is, if I should put the functions into the handle or if I can
make the function with the handle of a type that returns answer, not
of IO () as it is currently.

Does this make sense? I hope so.

Raf