[Haskell-beginners] Web frameworks

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 17:08:48 CEST 2011

I know that haml[1], sass[2] and CoffeeScript[3] that are used quite
commonly in the ruby community for generating html, css and javascript
respectively.

I believe Yesod's primary motivation for using 'special' templates is
the ability to make static guarantees about wether URLs, etc are
valid, but they also alleviate some code repetition.

I'd actually be very happy if Yesod supported the syntax from haml,
etc, as it would be one less syntax to learn (not that the options
offered take long to learn) and these languages are quite nice to
write in.

--

[1] http://haml-lang.com/
[2] http://sass-lang.com/