[Haskell-beginners] Web frameworks

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:38:36 CEST 2011

On 17 June 2011 14:53, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:

> I'm not saying Happstack or Snap are bad frameworks, quite the
> opposite. But I don't think these generic "X isn't mature" or "Y has
> bad documentation" do much to help newcomers become acclimated.

I'll back this up, Yesod has quite an extensive book with tips and tricks
including corner cases and such: http://www.yesodweb.com/book

I'd like to respectfully disagree with this assessment. I'm not quite
> sure what you mean by "mature", but Yesod has been developed actively
> for two years, has the vast majority of features you'll need on a
> project, is in use by many production settings and has the highest
> performance figures of any of the big three frameworks.

FWIW I think he means the API changes, not that the software itself is
runtime-stable. The "developed actively" may imply a changing API. I don't
know whether this is true, but I think that's what he meant.

Anyway, I doubt maturity as in runtime stability matters that much to
newbies.