[Haskell-beginners] [Updated] Summary of Chapter 1 of Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design

KC kc1956 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 06:50:54 CEST 2011

Your preamble problems have nothing to do with the problem of finding
"The Smallest Free Number" and the surprising thing is it can be done
in O(n); a linear time solution unlike your preamble problems.

If you want to see the intermediate data structures you could you
Observe.lhs from Hood from Hackage.

One can compose functions in any language, the concept you're looking
for is "composability".

Your PowerPoint was pretty good but I know you can do better. (from
Randy Pausch's last lecture)

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Costello, Roger L. <costello at mitre.org> wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I completed my Powerpoint slides which summarize the material in chapter 1 of "Pearls of Functional Algorithm Design":
>>
>> http://www.xfront.com/Pearls-of-Functional-Algorithm-Design/Chapter1/Find-the-smallest-free-number.pptx
>>
>> /Roger

Regards,
KC