[Haskell-beginners] Options for creating a multiple select form via Yesod
michael at schmong.org
Thu Jun 9 19:29:54 CEST 2011
I'm trying to create a multiple select form, as illustrated on the following:
Here's the options I see possible:
(1) Write a jQuery widget.
(3) Use the low-level functions in Yesod.Form to write a widget
(4) Use a pre-existing function that does what I need, but am not
aware of this functionality
(1) has appeal as it looks like something small I can contribute to
the project. It will take me some extra time to figure out the
details. But, I had a look at the other jQuery widgets and they seem
to provide an approachable model to follow.
(2) This looks like the most straight-forward approach. I'm just
in Haskell from the form.
(3) This looks like the most difficult way. I don't think I know
enough about the low-level functions in Yesod.Form to be able to
accomplish this in a timely manner.
(4) This is the best scenario. There's already a way to do this right
now, and I just haven't identified it. If this is the case, I would
appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
Until informed otherwise, I'm evaluating options 1 and 2. All feedback
welcomed. Thanks to all who made Yesod possible.
More information about the Beginners