[Haskell-beginners] Simple warp-based server

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:08:53 CEST 2011

On 9 June 2011 17:45, Michael Xavier <nemesisdesign at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Haskell Beginners,
>
> I am writing a fairly simple app in haskell that will be used to support
> some Ruby on Rails apps at work. The gist of it is that it takes a JSON
> request and produces a JSON response. I've figured that strapping it to a
> web server will be the easiest way to allow our Rails apps to talk to it
> without worrying about IPC and all of that. I looked at yesod and snap and
> both seemed to be too much for what I'm asking. It seems to me that the best
> approach would be to write up an WAI interface, strap it to a Warp server
> and call it a day.

I don't think it matters much what server you use for this type of service.
We've been using FastCGI for two fairly large JSON services (11K lines) for
a year with no problems. Warp and Snap are also sufficient. Is speed a big
concern? Otherwise the iterators will be a bit pointless. I'm with you on
forgeting about worrying about the server for this type of service and
calling it a day.