[Haskell-beginners] Problems with the Network package

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Jun 1 11:20:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Raphael Päbst
<raphael.paebst at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hey!
> I'm using the Haskell Platform version 2011.2.0.1 on Windows XPat the moment.
> I have already used the Network package that comes with it, but I
> tried to install other packages via cabal and that failed because the
> installation of Network 2.3.0.2 failed.
> So I tried to install that on its own and got the above problems.

I've never actually needed to build a new version of network on
Windows, but Neil Mitchell put up an explanation of what's
required[1].

Out of curiosity, what packages are forcing the installation of a new network?

Michael

[1] http://neilmitchell.blogspot.com/2010/12/installing-haskell-network-library-on.html