[Haskell-beginners] Problems with the Network package

Raphael Päbst raphael.paebst at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 1 11:00:30 CEST 2011

Hey everyone!
I'm still pretty inexperienced with Haskell and am now facing problems
with the Network package. I tried to install it but this always fails,
no matter if I try to install Network-2.3.0.3 or a previous version.
The cabal install always fails with the error
compiling dist\build\Network\Socket_hsc_make.c failed (exit code 1).

Now I'm wondering, where I can find out what the problem is, what I
can do about it and which additional information I need to solve it.

I hope this is not too stupid a question, but my searches on the net
haven't turned up anything useful so far and I'm pretty much stuck
now.

Raf