[Haskell-beginners] question on types

Jake Penton djp at arqux.com
Fri Jul 29 05:47:13 CEST 2011

Well, thanks everyone. I'm getting there slowly.

I have had less success learning Haskell by just using it than any other language I have tackled. I seem to need to cycle regularly between some theoretical study and practical use.

Actually, starting in September I shall be taking a grad course on languages. The text is Types and Programming Languages by Pierce. I looked quickly at the book after posting my question, and believe that the course will plug some major gaps in my understanding of types.

- Jake -