[Haskell-beginners] a problem with maps

David Place d at vidplace.com
Sat Jul 23 15:25:45 CEST 2011

On Jul 23, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Dennis Raddle wrote:

> That's how I understand the spirit of Haskell, although I could have a limited perspective.

I think this is a valid point of view, but needs to be balanced by a need for perspicuity.  After all, you aren't really using Arrows.  It's just a coincidence that this function does what you want on a concrete implementation level.  When I was learning to use the HXT package for XML manipulation, I was happy to learn about its use of Arrows.  It really uses them.  I need to understand Arrows to use it.

To me, this kind of use reads like a bad pun.  :-)

David Place
Owner, Panpipes Ho! LLC
http://panpipesho.com
d at vidplace.com