[Haskell-beginners] undefined symbol not allowed?

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Fri Jul 8 06:42:40 CEST 2011

I'm one of those evil people who loves to sprinkle Unicode throughout my
code. I thought it was pretty cool when I learned about the
UnicodeSyntax language extension, as well as the base-unicode-symbols
package. However, I am a little perplexed that this symbol is not
provided by either of those:

⊥

That is, the "bottom" symbol, Unicode #22A5 (\8869), which I have seen
in some programming texts as representing the undefined expression.

I tried just defining

⊥ = undefined

But ghc won't parse that. Why is this? And is there a way to make it work?

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us