[Haskell-beginners] Cannot install cairo with cabal...

Sean Charles sean at objitsu.com
Thu Jul 7 13:02:46 CEST 2011

> So it seems that it can't infer your cabal's minor version, so it drops into the else. Do you get any different result when you call `cabal install --ghc-option=DCABAL_VERSION_MINOR=10 cairo`?
Resolving dependencies...
target `DCABAL_VERSION_MINOR=10' is not a module name or a source file
cairo-0.12.0 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

:)

I also tried moving the furniture around ...

   cabal --ghc-option=DCABAL_VERSION_MINOR=10  install cairo
and
cabal install --ghc-option=DCABAL_VERSION_MINOR=10 cairo

just in case but to no avail, same message in all cases....