[Haskell-beginners] Problem building MusicXML

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 05:57:25 CEST 2011

My problem is that "cabal install" just hangs at the line "Building
HaXml-1.22..." and I don't know how to figure out what it's trying to do.

Background:

My main goal is to use the 'musicxml' package. On Windows XP, I installed
Haskell Package 2010.1.0.0. (I needed base 3 for compatibility with
musicxml.) I did 'cabal install musicxml'. First I got warning:

Warning: c:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Application Data\cabal\config:
Unrecognized field world-file on line 15

Then it built text-0.11.1.3, polyparse-1.7, then it started to build
HaXml-1.22 and got as far as printing "Building HaXml-1.22..." but hung. No
CPU was being consumed.

Dennis