[Haskell-beginners] Looking for some guidance to installing GHCI on MAC

Wes Morgan cap10morgan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 22:43:21 CET 2011

On Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 3:18 PM, patricklynch wrote:

> ...i tried to use the installation for Mac at Haskell.org, but it gives me
> an error message [something like: call your software vendor]...
>
> ...i tried the Homebrew, see email below, but it wants my Apple Developer
> id...i don't have one...

Homebrew doesn't need an Apple Developer id. It's not written by Apple, so it has nothing to do with their developer program. If you could describe in more detail what you tried and where things went wrong, I could help you figure out how to get around the problem.

You probably will need Xcode installed, which is a free download from developer.apple.com if you don't have your Mac OS X install disc handy. You don't need to pay Apple $99 or any other amount of money to download it, you just need to create a free login on their developer site.