[Haskell-beginners] Is there a simpler way? Building a monad on `IO' Monad

Arlen Cuss celtic at sairyx.org
Mon Jan 10 09:26:55 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

> If it is not mutated at all (which seems not entirely unlikely with a pair
> (stdin,stdout) of Handles), you should use
>
> ReaderT (Handle,Handle) IO
>
> instead of
>
> StateT (Handle,Handle) IO

Thank you so much! Your careful exposition of the avenues available to
me in the previous email was amazing, and is most, most appreciated! I
had a feeling what I was doing was probably a common occurrence, but
haven't seen enough real-world Haskell code to know what to call it yet!

> Cheers,
> Daniel

Thanks again;

Arlen