[Haskell-beginners] Anyone have problems with cabal and SDL?

Tom Murphy amindfv at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:14:14 CET 2011

When I use Cabal to get any program which depends on the SDL library, this
is the error I get.

"
checking for sdl-config... no
checking for sdl11-config... no
configure: error: *** SDL not found! Get SDL from www.libsdl.org.
If you already installed it, check it's in the path. If problem remains,
please send a mail to the address that appears in ./configure --version
indicating your platform, the version of configure script and the problem.
Raincat-1.1.1.2 depends on SDL-0.6.2 which failed to install.
SDL-0.6.2 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1
SDL-image-0.6.1 depends on SDL-0.6.2 which failed to install.
SDL-mixer-0.6.1 depends on SDL-0.6.2 which failed to install.
"

I have SDL 1.2.14 (correctly) installed on my system.
I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Tom