[Haskell-beginners] Ffi, memory allocation and failure

C Gosch ch.gosch at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 15:57:32 CET 2011

Hi Edward, hello to all list members,
thank you for your comments, I will keep that in mind. There will be
operations on matrices (and other objects) which modify the objects,
and those will be in IO or ST, I think.
However, I am planning to provide operations with matrices which guarantee
that each involved matrix is not changed, but which may return new matrices.
All matrices have to be allocated, and that allocation can fail ... how does
one usually go about this problem in Haskell?

Cheers,
Christian