[Haskell-beginners] gtk2hs [GIMP ToolKit]

Tim Baumgartner baumgartner.tim at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:13:56 CET 2011

Hi Patrick,

I used the same link to install gtk2hs on Windows XP with Haskell Platform
2010.2.0 about 3 days ago. I'm a beginner as well. I had a number of
problems. In the end, I managed to install version 0.11 with some
extra-work:
- I added HaskellPlatform/2010.2.0.0/mingw/bin to the PATH (because there is
my only current gcc.exe)
- ugly: I copied Gtk+/include/glib-2.0 to a temp folder and copied this
again *into* Gtk+/include/glib-2.0  (the output of pkg-config looked
alright...)
- I repeated the previous steps for other include folders as well

Note: in order to install a specific version of a package you can e.g.
cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools-0.11.2

Installation of 0.12. failed with the following error:
[ 5 of 24] Compiling System.GIO.Volumes.VolumeMonitor (
dist\build\System\GIO\Volumes\VolumeMonitor.hs,
dist\build\System\GIO\Volumes\VolumeMonitor.o )

System\GIO\Volumes\VolumeMonitor.chs:56:4:
    Not in scope: `vmDriveStopButton'

Regards,
Tim