[Haskell-beginners] Installing HDBC

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:33:47 CET 2011

On Tuesday 01 February 2011 19:03:32, Kathleen Lynch wrote:
> ...I got everything installed but am getting the following message:
>
> Prelude> :module Database.HDBC.Sqlite3
> <no location info>:
>     Could not find module `Database.HDBC.Sqlite3':
>       it is not a module in the current program, or in any known
> package.

It's in http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HDBC-sqlite3

$ cabal install HDBC-sqlite3

(similarly for mysql, postgresql, odbc). I suppose those packages depend on
having the foreign library installed, so they come alone. It's a bit
annoying (especially if one is not told which packages one needs), but
having to install multiple databases when one wants to use only one would
be at least as bad.

Cheers,
Daniel