[Haskell-beginners] gtk2hs and threadDelay

gabre at caesar.elte.hu gabre at caesar.elte.hu
Mon Dec 26 11:33:48 CET 2011

Thanks for the quick answers.

I dont really know, what timer functions there are, I googled "timing,
scheduling, delaying in haskell", but the only function I found, was
threaddelay. How did you mean "adding a timer"?
On the other side, I checked
Graphics.UI.Gtk.Gdk.drawWindowProcessUpdates. I guess, I should use
this in the function, where I draw something, and wait, and draw
something else, and I should put it between the two drawing steps to
get an immediate update. If I do so, the drawing gets blocked again,
and nothing happens for some second, and then everything is drawn at
the same time.

Sorry, I m a very beginner at this topic.