[Haskell-beginners] Parallelism?

Michael Craig mkscrg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:17:57 CET 2011

Excellent! Glad this has been sorted out upstream.

Edward, to answer your question regarding blocking database calls: I'm
using mongoDB to log events that come into a WAI webapp. The writes to
mongo are blocking, so I'd like to run them in parallel with the webapp.
The webapp would push the data into a Chan and the mongo writer would read
from the Chan and make the writes sequentially (using the Chan as a FIFO
between parallel threads). This would allow for request rates to
temporarily rise above mongo's write rate (of course with an expanded
memory footprint during those bursts).

Mike S Craig