[Haskell-beginners] Parallelism?

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 1 08:38:07 CET 2011

With regards to your original concurrent code (asynchronous database writes),
if the API given to you truly is asynchronous (i.e. it's a file descriptor that
could be monitored with epoll/kqueue/folks), consider integrating it with
the IO manager, so that you don't need to tie up real OS threads on blocking
FFI calls (though I'm not sure what database or what access mechanism is.)  You really
shouldn't need the threaded runtime for a task like this.

Maybe if you give more details we can give more specific advice.

Edward

Excerpts from Michael Craig's message of Thu Dec 01 00:50:15 -0500 2011: