[Haskell-beginners] haddock instance documentation

Christopher Howard christopher.howard at frigidcode.com
Sun Aug 7 19:13:59 CEST 2011

On 08/06/2011 11:37 PM, Antoine Latter wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Christopher Howard
> <christopher.howard at frigidcode.com>  wrote:
>> I'm learning to comment my code for haddock. However, haddock seems to be
>> ignoring my documentation comments for instance implementations. Instead, it
>> just uses the default explanation given in the original class definition.
>> Does this require some kind of special syntax?
>
> Can you give an example of what you are doing which doesn't do what
> you expect? I've had no trouble with this using Haddock 2.9.2.
>
> Antoine
>

>> --
>> frigidcode.com
>> theologia.indicium.us

Sorry, a mistake in my syntax. I was under the impression that instance
functions had to be explicitly exported in a module declaration. In
other words, individual instance functions aren't supposed to be listed
by the generated documentation anyway, just the fact that the new type
is an instance of said class.

--
frigidcode.com
theologia.indicium.us