[Haskell-beginners] Looking for alternative practices suggestions

Michael Litchard michael at schmong.org
Thu Aug 4 23:53:34 CEST 2011

I'm finding that in more than one instance I pass a data structure to
a function, simply so that I can pass it to it's helper function. It
bugs me that I'm passing a value that isn't being used directly. This
seems wrong. Example: I have a "data URLSequence" that contains a way
to calculate the ip address of a URL. This gets passed to a helper
function that generates a particular URL, which then populates the
URLSequence. Is there a standard practice to avoid what I am talking
about? Or is this normal and I should accept it?