[Haskell-beginners] Happstack dependency problems

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 03:01:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Daniel Fischer
<daniel.is.fischer at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2011 21:08:10, Tom Murphy wrote:
>> $ ghc-pkg check report
>> ghc-pkg: command-line syntax error
>> Usage:
>>   ghc-pkg register {filename | -}
>> [...]
>>

> Aw, I should've used quotes or a separate line, the command is
>
> $ ghc-pkg check
>
> I meant: what does "ghc-pkg check" report.
>

>> $ cabal install -v3 --dry-run happstack
>
> Unfortunately, that wasn't helpful, gave me no clue why it would want to
> install unix-2.4.2.0
> :(

Maybe we can try to break the problem down into smaller pieces.

Happstack is composed of multiple packages, and you could try them one
at a time to narrow things down a bit:

happstack-util
happstack-data
happstack-state
happstack-ixset
happstack-server
happstack

If you cabal install each one of the above in turn (and in order!) it
will mimic "cabal install happstack" fairly well.

Antoine